LCD screens have a lot of benefits, including great performance in high-light settings, long panel life, and thin size. But, many LCD panels are hard to see at any angle except straight on. The TCL32C22, on the other hand, uses a display technique called in-plane switching, or IPS. This technology ensures that your TV's display looks equally great from nearly any angle. This LCD model has a full 178° viewing angle, so no matter where you're at in the room, you can see what's on-screen without putting a kink in your neck.
VIERA Link makes operation simpleAnd speaking of convenience, how about Panasonic's VIERA Link? You can operate (through HDMI connections) all your home theater components by pressing one button on the TV remote. An HDMI cable carries not only digital video and audio signals, but control signals too. For example, use your VIERA remote to control a recording operation with your DVD recorder or to start and stop playback of scenes from a video camera. With VIERA, extra ease and convenience are part of the entertainment package.
Behind the scenes with Intelligent Scene ControllerThink of Intelligent Scene Controller like the lighting director of a stage crew. As the audience, you want colors that bloom from your TCL32C22. You want lighting contrasts that make the details pop, whether in dark or light scenes. You want drama! Intelligent Scene Controller uses two key technologies to captivate any viewer: Scene Adaptive Backlight Control and Scene Adaptive Contrast/Gamma Correction. Together, these technologies optimize contrast and brightness to ensure that blacks are blacker and whites are brighter. For both bright and dark scenes they produce up to four times the regular number of shades for a scene. Now that's home entertainment.
VIERA Image Viewer gets personalThe best images you can ever view on a Panasonic LCD don't have anything to do with HDTV. Share your own HD JPEG photos taken with an SD Memory Card-compatible digital camera on the TCL32C22 through the set's SD card slot. Simply insert the SD card, which is about the size of a postage stamp, into the SD slot on the TV and enjoy a photo slideshow.
Your HD lifelineHigh Definition Multimedia Interface, or HDMI, is the only home A/V connection that allows for both HD and 7.1-channel studio-quality audio to be passes along a single cable. In other words, in order to take full advantage of your home theater's high definition potential, you need to HDMI cabling to link HD-capable components. It's only natural that you might have questions regarding how best to outfit your personal HD system. Vann's sales representatives are here to explain all of your options. Call the 800 number at the top of this page for expert advice.
- Screen size: 32" IPS (WXGA) 720p (1366 x 768) / Fine black panel filter
- Aspect ratio: 16:9 / 18,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- Aspect control: Full / Just / 4:3 / Zoom
- Progressive features: Progressive scan / 24p playback (2:3) / Intelligent Scene Controller
- Best video inputs: 2 HDMI / 1 analog audio for HDMI / 1 PC / 2 composite (1 side) / 2 audio (for video) / 1 component input / 1 component audio
- Outputs: 1 digital audio output
- Audio enhancements: Surround Sound
- Audio: 2 x 20W (10% THD)
- Mounting options: VESA compatible
- Remote control: Included
- Backlight: EEFL
- Viewing angle: 178°
- Convience: VIERA Link / VIERA tools / VIERA Image Viewer
- Tuner system: ATSC/NTSC/QAM tuners
- Timer: Off
- Trilingual menu (English/Spanish/French) / Built-in closed caption decoder
- Power supply: AC 110-127V, 60Hz / Power consumption: 149W on, 0.3W standby
- ENERGY STAR qualified